By Pulutan Antoniette

Monday, July 11, 2011

Dates

packed

unpacked

These are sweet stuffs called "Dates" from my Tita who just arrive from Saudi Arabia. My Nanay also never skipped bringing these whenever she comes home. I think this is a fruit because it came from a tree apparently. haha! The tree somehow looks like a coconut tree, but smaller, where you can get the fruits without making the effort of extending your hands and raising your toes. My Nanay told me that they bury them in the soil for a long period of time, (but I am not sure of how long) and afterwards eat it. They don't mix anything in them so they are purely natural. And it amazes me that it tastes so sweet, you would think that a bunch of sugar was buried with it. These past few months, I am not into sweets so I cannot eat more than five pieces in a row. You could eat a pack for a month or so. My lola loves this, eating them with her five teeth. :D

3 comments: