By Pulutan Antoniette

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Still.

(12-10-2011)
Still. Everything is very still now. Just the sound of the clock ticking behind me. And the silent sound of our dog’s cry due to the coldness outside. I am home; taking a break from the busy and loud life of Manila. The silence that is wrapped around me tonight is calming, like a towel pressed on my skin after a cold bath. I can feel the coldness brought by the trees after a rainfall. Now, I can hear the hum of our refrigerator and it reminded me of my nights of vacation in school. The feeling when you don’t have to do something late at night to pass the next morning. Now I see the blackness of the night through the window in front of me, and I wonder of when can I watch the stars again while lying on the grass just like in my childhood days when we take a rest from playing hide and seek at 6 in the evening. I missed this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment